Thursday, November 17, 2016

To the Young Girls in My Life and All Around the World,

I need you to understand a few things.

 YOU ARE LOVED,
      YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL,
                 YOU ARE UNIQUE,
                        AND YOU ARE BRAVE.

If nobody has ever told you those 4 facts, I am honored to be the first.  I hope that, if you don't believe them now, one day you will.

I understand how hard it is to be a girl.  It's probably the most difficult job that I've ever had.  There are so many rules, and so many different things to remember.  You're supposed to always be happy, even when you're sad.  You're supposed to smile, even if your world's caving in.  You're supposed to look pretty on the outside, even when you're a mess on the inside. 

I know that it seems that the weight of the world is on your shoulders, and that you have to always be perfect because if someone sees you mess up, your life is over.  

I know that there's a lot going on right now.  I know that there's probably so much going on, and you're wondering how you'll be able to get through it all.  You may feel like nobody understands you. You may even feel like you're invisible.  

I want you to read this next sentence very carefully.  You are not invisible.  I know how hard you are trying.  

I understand the sleepless nights.  I know all about that crying until you fall asleep thing.  I understand you.  

I want you to how wonderful you are, even when you feel like you're not.  I want you to understand how beautiful you are, even when you don't want to look in the mirror.  I want you to know how strong you are, even when you feel like you're not.  

Most importantly, I want you to know that you are loved.  You are so loved.  Even when you feel like you're not, you are.  

I love the beautiful, intelligent, kind, and special girl that is wonderfully you.  


Love,

Someone Who Cares


No comments:

Post a Comment