Thursday, November 17, 2016

For Those That Have Anxiety,

I understand how hard it is to live with a mind that is in constant turmoil.  I know how it feels to have no control over the thoughts swirling around in your head.

I understand that when the panic hits you, you can't control it.  You can't slow your heart rate, you can't stop the shaking of your hands, and you can't turn off the terror you are feeling.

I understand the sadness you feel when you learn that those you love don't understand the pain you struggle with everyday.  I know how much you want to scream every time someone tells you to "Stop worrying."

I know that you wish it was that simple.  I know that you wish it was that easy to shut off the panic in your mind.

I also understand that it's not that easy.  It's not easy to quell the fear running rampant in your mind, and the pain settling in your heart.

I know that if it was that simple, you would do it.  You would stop all the thoughts.  You would stop the feelings that totally consume your entire being.

I understand.  I truly understand.

I suffer with anxiety everyday.  I know how crippling it is.  I get the anger you feel when people try to minimize the panic you feel.

I understand that on some days, you feel like you're drowning.  I know how much you struggle to get to the surface, because you can almost feel the breath of fresh air that you so desperately need to get into your lungs.

I know that on those days, it's the hardest to break the surface.  I know that you are struggling so much, and it feels like you will never get your head above the water.

On the days you feel the lowest, I want you to try and remember that your highest is coming soon.  You can do it.  You can get your head above water.

I want you to remember that it is okay to ask for help when you are struggling.  I want you to know that there's no shame in talking to someone about your fears, your panic and struggles.  Please, always remember that there are others that understand.

Please understand that you are not crazy.  You are loved.  You are beautiful.  You are wonderful.

I know that it may not feel that way at times, but you are!  You are a fantastic you!

When that panic hits, remember it's okay to not be okay.  However, also know that when the panic ends and you feel like you are lower than low, that it's the perfect time to try and get up.  To try and build yourself back up, stronger than before.

Always remember to get up.  Keep on keeping on and know that even though you are struggling now, tomorrow is a new day, with new hope, and great possibilities.

From,

Someone Who Cares

No comments:

Post a Comment