Tuesday, November 22, 2016

To My Students,

I never knew how much you'd all mean to me.  I don't know how you managed to worm your way into my heart, but you did.  You really did, and quite successfully I might add.

Actually, that's not 100% true.  I know exactly how you managed to become such a big part of my heart and life...  It was simply by being amazing, creative, kind-hearted, and unique individuals.

I can't help but smile everyday when I'm with you all.  The energy you all have is infectious.  I could be having the worst day imaginable but the moment I'm with all of you, all of that goes away.  You guys make being anything but happy an impossible task.

What's even more amazing than you guys being apart of my heart...  Is that you have allowed me to be apart of yours.  I don't take that honor lightly.

Whenever one of you guys smiles at me, shares a personal story with me, or gives me a high-five in the hallway, I am reminded of the role that I play in you life.

I am not just your teacher.  I am your confidant, your cheerleader, your doctor, your protector, and your hurt-healer.

Even when I'm exhausted and caffeine deprived, I know that my purpose in your life is to give you my 100% effort, attention, and affection.

You guys make my days worthwhile.  For such little kids, you guys are powerful.  You guys have such a gift for spreading joy, love, and happiness.  I would know, because I feel all of those things everyday because of you all.

I am so thankful for each of you.  All of you hold a special place in my heart.  And even though I'm supposed to be teaching you, I think each of you are teaching me way more than I could teach you.

From,

Someone Who Cares


No comments:

Post a Comment